Throughout the Old Testament God revealed Himself as the redeemer of mankind through His redemptive names. Were you see the name LORD this is the Hebrew name of God; Jehovah. The meaning of Jehovah describes God as a Covenant seeking relational God who reveals Himself to mankind. And throughout the Old Testament as man listened to God, He would reveal Himself as redeemer to the people for that particular area of their lives.
There are 7 redemptive titles and 10 Jehovah titles in total:-
1) Jehovah Jireh – The Lord will see or provide
2) Jehovah Ropheka (rapha) – the Lord our healer ( physician)
3) Jehovah Nissi – The Lord my banner (or victory)
4) Jehovah Shalom – The Lord my peace
5) Jehovah Tsidkenu – The Lord my righteousness
6) Jehovah Shammah – the Lord is present or there
7) Johovah Rohi – the Lord is my shepherd
8) Jehovah McKadesh – the Lord who sanctifies me
9) Jehovah Zebaoth – the Lord of hosts (or armies)
10) Jehovah Elyon – the Lord most high
These all describe the very nature and character of God.
Jesus was the fulfilment of all of these names! Jesus is our righteousness, redemption, sanctification and justification! He is also our provider, healer, our victory, our peace and so much more! Jesus is our all-in-all.
Note that none of these redemptive names say ‘I am the Lord who takes from you, makes you sick, steals your peace, makes you sin, leaves or forsakes you etc’.
This is NOT who God is or how He reveals Himself in men’s lives!
God’s nature is ONLY to heal, redeem and RESTORE!
To discover more of God’s nature towards you Click Here
Copyright Nerida Walker 2009.